"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too easily satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

1.21.2006

in the beginning...

So this is my second blog, a product of a bible study I'm teaching giving me renewed motivation to write down things God is doing in the world. Who will read it? I don't know. Who will care? Not me. The purpose is to get ideas into the minds of those who will listen. It's my vision, my passion. I want to see a generation who will rise up and fulfill the great commission in every corner of the globe, who will question the status quo and refuse to subscribe to consumer-Christianity, who will love the world so much that it is compelled to ask why, all the while marveling at a God we cannot begin to understand, knowing that the life we live now is but a precursor to "Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has ever read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before." (CS Lewis, The Last Battle) Above all, I refuse to live a mediocre life - a life that doesn't count. The account of that attempt, like a fish fighting against the very fisherman about to throw him back in the water, is what follows. May you be blessed, offended, encouraged, and changed...and may God bless the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home